Downtown Durham's neighborhood bottle shop and wine bar offering online ordering with curbside pickup and free delivery.
Free Delivery throughout the Triangle* with an $89.99 Minimum Order
* Durham, Chapel Hill, Raleigh, Hillsborough, and Cary
Flat-rate UPS Ground Shipping:
$50 on a case of 12 bottles to a limited selection of states in the continental United States.
Call 919-973-2001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
Color: Carmine red with violet hues.Nose: Fresh nose with red fruit notes such as strawberries and plums, along with red paprika and spices.Palate: Medium structure with very nice red fruit expression, juicy tannins and good balance.
At Lapostolle Wines, to capture the freshness of the fruit is our mission. Young and expressive, bright and vivid, define the characteristics of our Lapostolle Grand Selection.The 2017 vintage started with a very cold winter followed by a dryweather with high temperatures and luminosity.The heat continued during summer and accelerated the ripeness thatarrived about 2 weeks earlier than usual. We started harvesting grapes for Carmenère on February at Apalta vineyards in order to obtain fresh and vibrant fruit.
Rapel Valley is one of the few places where Carmenère grows in ideal conditions. It is located in the central part of Chile, including the sub Valleys of Cachapoal and Colchagua. It exhibits a semi–arid Mediterranean climate with a winter – only rainfall pattern. During the growing season, we have warm and dry days and pleasantly cool nights as a result of cold breezes coming from the Andes Mountains. Rapel also has a cool influence from the Pacific’s Humboldt Current, which lowers temperatures in the coastal areas of the Valley. This leads to warm days with ample sunlight and dry conditions, allowing a slow ripening period. Carmenère is able to fully ripen but maintain all its fresh notes that are so unique to the variety.
Grapes were harvested and carefully transported to the winery in Colchagua. We obtained clean and pure fruit with strict quality control,thanks to the state of the art technology, our Vistalys optical berries selection for 98% of the grapes and the remaining 2% was hand destemmed. 97% of the grapes were fermented in stainless steel tanks and the remaining 3% was fermented in wooden vats at 28-30°C with gentle extraction methods.
LouElla is Downtown Durham's neighborhood bottle shop, bar, and event space offering curated wine, craft beer, and fortified selections from family operated producers. The business takes its name and mission from owner and proprietor Campbell Davis's Great Aunt LouElla who was much beloved for her warmth, hospitality, and generous spirit. Whether we are serving you at the bar or helping you pick that perfect bottle to host your celebration, our mission is to share LouElla's hospitality with the community.
Owner & Manager
For Cam Davis, LouElla is the culmination of more than 20 years of experience in the hospitality and beverage industry. Cam has successfully managed some of Durham’s finest locally and nationally recognized establishments, including Hutchin's Garage, Guglhupf, Rue Cler, and Durham Catering Company. He brings a wealth of wine and beverage knowledge, not only from his extensive restaurant experience, but also from his tenure as Durham Sales Manager for wine distributor Bordeaux, Fine and Rare.
316 West Geer St, Suite A, Durham, NC 27701
Tue. 11am - 8pm
Wed. & Thu. 11am - 9pm
Fri. & Sat. 11am - 10pm
Sun. 11am - 8pm